Staff, students, parents and the community work as a team to provide effective learning for the students.
1. HELP EVERYONE TO DO THEIR BEST
- This means we get on with our learning, try our hardest, and let others do the same.
- This gives everyone a chance to make a success of their time at school.
2. RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE AND THEIR PROPERTY
- This means we only touch other people or their belongings if we have their permission.
- This helps everyone to feel safe and happy.
3. BEHAVE IN SAFE AND CORRECT WAYS
- This means we obey school and classroom rules and avoid doing anything that may harm ourselves or others.
- This helps us to make our school a credit to our community, and a safe and effective place in which everyone may learn.
4. SPEAK AND ACT POLITELY
- This means we are well mannered, considerate and friendly to each other, to staff and to visitors.
- This makes our school a pleasant place for everyone.
5. RESPOND TO REASONABLE REQUESTS FROM OTHERS
- This means we co-operate with others and consider their needs.
- This makes it easier for us to live and learn together.
6. LOOK AFTER OUR SCHOOL AT ALL TIMES
- This means we avoid doing things that will damage school equipment and buildings, as we keep classrooms and grounds looking good.
- This makes the school a pleasant and safe place for all of us.
We will all gain a lot from the school and each other if we behave in the Waerenga Way